IRELAND UNBRIDLED (5 Episodes)
Experience Ireland's most scenic countryside from horseback as you are lead through the rugged West Coast of County Galway, to the bucolic cross-country fields at Crossogue in County Tipperary. During the journey viewers will uncover camps, castles, and communities for horse lovers of all ages and levels.
The coast-to-coast travels will also include intimate conversations with Ireland's fascinating horse folks, revealing their character and distinctive, inimitable style. From insightful interviews with globetrotting trainers and riders, to wisdom that can only be handed down through generations of horsemen - these amazing guests share the skills that have sustained their success with horses.
This wide-ranging series covers a variety of topics; such as enabling viewers to discover how Ireland turns city kids into top jockeys, to appreciating how one man's love for his horse still stands the test of time at Ballylinch Stud. Other episodes will walk the hallowed grounds of the Irish National Stud and spend a morning in the presence of a living legend training at the Curragh.
You will see five (5) episodes in this collection:
1) THE GALWAY SUMMER FESTIVAL - Celebrate Ladies Day at The Galway Summer Racing Festival and experience real Irish horses, fashion, Guinness and oysters! Meet Ireland's top trainers, jockeys, owners, officials and dignitaries. Travel from all over the world to meet the movers and shakers of Ireland's powerful racing industry, and visit Galway's National Hunt Summer Festival. Famous racing personalies interviewed include Arthur Moore (trainer), Nina Carberry (amateur jockey), Philip and Paul Carberry (jockeys), Patrick Mullen (jockey), Frances Crowley (trainer and wife of champion jockey Patrick Mullen), Dermot Weld (trainer), Noel Meade (champion jump trainer), Catherine Gannon (amateur jockey) and Johnny Murtagh (champion jockey).
2) PERSONALITIES OF THE IRISH TURF - Meet the rising stars of the Irish Turf at the Galway Summer Racing Festival. In-depth interviews with top trainers, jockeys, and head sponsor Guinness. Interviews include those with trainers Robbie Osborne, Arthur Moore, Noel Meade, Dermot Weld, Paul Nolan and Willie Mullins in addition to jockeys Ruby Walsh, Catherine Gannon and Johnny Murtagh.
3) LIFE ON THE CURRAGH - Experience a morning at Landfall Paddocks with trainer James P. Burns, son of the legendary champion jockey T. P. Burns (also shown working with his son) and meet his favorite horses.
4) BALLYLINCH STUD - See the home of "THE TETRARCH" in a guided tour of Ballylinch Stud which stretches across a 1,000-acre swathe of County Kilkenny with Managing Director John O'Connor. Stallions residing at Ballylinch shown are KING'S THEATRE, SOVIET STAR and BACHELOR DUKE in addition to stakes-winning mare GRAVIERS with her new foal in tow.
5) THE IRISH NATIONAL STUD - Walk the historic grounds of the Irish National Stud in County Kildare and meet the stallions in residence: INDIAN RIDGE, CELTIC SWING, VERGLAS, PILSUDSKI, INAIDN HAVEN, DESERT PRINCE and pensioned stallions VINTAGE CROP and his constant companion, DANOLI.
(1 Hour and 55 Minutes)
|Format(s) Available:||DVD And VHS|
|Category:||National Hunt / Jumps / Steeplechase|