SARATOGA PAST RACES (19-RACE SET)
Racing's elite will argue Saratoga Race Course provides the best the sport has to offer and every year charging down the stretch are the present and future superstars of racing. Every summer in Upstate New York the people come and the majestic Thoroughbreds run.
This 19-race time capsule takes the viewer on a virtual walk down racing's memory lane capturing some of Saratoga's past races in their entirety from start to finish:
1) 1964 Travers - QUADRANGLE, KNIGHTLY MANNER, HILL RISE
2) 1966 Travers - BUCKPASSER, AMBEROID, BUFFLE
3) 1975 Travers - WAJIMA, MEDIA, PRINCE THOU ART (VALID APPEAL)
4) 1976 Travers - HONEST PLEASURE, ROMEO, DANCE SPELL (MAJESTIC LIGHT)
and one of the most famous disqualifications in racing history was that of AFFIRMED in the 5) 1978 Travers - his nemesis, ALYDAR, would take the bittersweet victory in their last meeting (also featuring NASTY AND BOLD).
On with the countdown:
6) 1981 Jim Dandy - WILLOW HOUR (also featuring that year's Belmont winner, SUMMING)
7) 1981 Saratoga Special - CONQUISTADOR CIELO
8) 1968 Whitney - DR. FAGER, SPOON BAIT, FORT DRUM
9) 1977 Hopeful Stakes - AFFIRMED, ALYDAR, REGAL AND ROYAL
10) 1978 Whitney - ALYDAR, BUCKAROO, J.O. TOBIN, NEARLY ON TIME
11) 1977 Sanford Stakes - AFFIRMED, TILT UP, JET DIPLOMACY
12) 1981 Whitney - FIO RITO, WINTER'S TALE, RING OF LIGHT
13) 1982 Alabama Stakes - BROOM DANCE, TOO CHIC, MADEMOISELLE FORLI
14) 1981 Bernard Baruch - GREAT NECK
AS AN ADDED BONUS: A short segment called, "SARATOGA: GRAVEYARD OF FAVORITES", is also included at the very end of the main feature which shows some of racings most famous legends falling victim to the, "Saratoga Curse"....losing at "The Spa":
15) JIM DANDY running the best race of his life at the expense of racing's second Triple Crown Winner, GALLANT FOX in the 1930 Travers
16) ONION overtaking the great SECRETARIAT in the 1973 Whitney 17) CHRIS EVERT (the 1974 Filly Triple Tiara Winner) losing to QUAZE QUILT (a half-sister to legendary SUSAN'S GIRL) in the 1974 Alabama
18) Five years later another filly, Triple Tiara Winner, DAVONA DALE, feels the burn of IT'S IN THE AIR in the 1979 Alabama
19) Canada's RUNAWAY GROOM delivers a shocker to CONQUISTADOR CIELO in the 1982 Travers
IN ADDITION TO THIS...a wonderful nostalgic segment on NATIVE DANCER is also included, as every horse entered for the 2005 Travers Stakes was directly descended to NATIVE DANCER - his legacy is still very much alive and kicking to this day!!
AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF...a lengthy HRTV segment and also one from the NBC station, VS, on the rich history of the Travers Stakes and the town of Saratoga Springs are included.
A truly remarkable collection of 19 historic races from Saratoga can be yours!
FOR A DETAILED CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF ALL THE 19 RACES FEATURED IN THIS RACE COMPILATION, JUST REQUEST A COPY AND A COMPILATION SHEET ALONG WITH THE 1,2,3 FINISHERS WILL BE E-MAILED TO YOU.
|Format(s) Available:||DVD And VHS|
|Category:||U.S. & Canadian Flat Racing|