RUN FOR THE CROWN: SEATTLE SLEW w/BONUS FOOTAGE
See rare auction footage of the yearling SEATTLE SLEW in 1975; "SLEW" paid immediate dividends winning each of his three starts and being named Two-Year-Old Champion Colt of 1976 - watch in awe as "SLEW" drives off to win the 1976 Champagne Stakes by eight lengths!
His three-year old season proved just as successful as "SLEW" scored three more victories in his next three starts, including his run in the 1977 Wood which brought him to the Derby undefeated.
Then watch history be made as SEATTLE SLEW romps through the Triple Crown seemingly effortless - all three races shown in their entirety! Because he did not dominate the field the way SECRETARIAT had and because he didn't benefit from a rivalry like that of AFFIRMED and ALYDAR to dramatize his victories, SEATTLE SLEW is probably the least known of the three horses to capture the crown in the 1970's, but as the first undefeated Triple Crown champion, his place in horse racing history will be forever secure.
Upon his retirement to Spendthrift Farm, SEATTLE SLEW, the once bargain-basement bay colt purchased for a mere $17,500, was valued at a staggering $12 million - he would go on to prove his value and fortify his legacy.
AS AN ADDED BONUS...Several outstanding segments of SEATTLE SLEW from various sources through the years are also included after the running of the main feature - ENJOY!!
1) SLEW undergoes treatment for mild neurological disfunction of the spine at 26-years-old in 2000
2) SLEW undergoes successful surgery to fuse a couple vertebrae together
3) SLEW returns to Three Chimneys Farm after his surgery
4) A segment on SEATTLE SLEW during the 2001 Breeders' Cup broadcast - the only living Triple Crown winner
5) Another segment on SLEW during the week leading up to the 2002 Kentucky Derby; once again...the only living Triple Crown winner
6) Visa credit card commercials of SEATTLE SLEW with jockey, Jean Cruget
7) SEATTLE SLEW, the 10th Triple Crown winner, dies peacefully in his stall on 5/7/77 at 28-years-old; 25 years to the day he won the 1977 Kentucky Derby
8) Visa credit card pays tribute to SEATTLE SLEW; his 1977 Preakness victory is showcased
9) Extra lengthy tribute in memoriam to SEATTLE SLEW
10) A look back at the immortal SEATTLE SLEW 1974-2002
11) Super rare Three Chimneys Farm segment on the foundation stallions that jump-started the farm: SLEW O'GOLD, CHIEF'S CROWN and SEATTLE SLEW
12) MAGGIE SLEW - the last foal from SEATTLE SLEW's final crop
13) Horse racing channel HRTV phone interviews SLEW's trainer, Billy Turner, during the week leading up to BIG BROWN's possible Triple Crown sweep the week of the 2008 Belmont Stakes
|Format(s) Available:||DVD And VHS|
|Category:||U.S. & Canadian Flat Racing|